Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just for you!

I just want to say thank you to all the beautiful people that have stopped by my blog lately or sent me emails telling me that they were thinking of us yesterday for Kayla's big day at school. You are all so kind and thoughtful and your messages have been greatly appreciated. So I thought for my photo of the day, I would send you all a rose.


This rose comes from our garden. They would have to be the most tolerant roses on the planet. I never water them, I prune them back in the wrong season and when I do I butcher them, and yet year after year they bless me with their gorgeous blooms. And every year around Valentines day, someone comes and picks/steals some at night to give to that special someone. We have a very open front yard and the rose bush is in front of the house, so it is a little creepy that people take them. Although it doesn't bother me greatly, because they generally only die on the bush anyway, so if someone can make their loved one feel a little special with them, than so be it. If they only knew that they could just ask me for some and I would happily let them take some.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy your rose. Thank you!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Belynda-Lee said...

Hi hun,
So glad to hear your lil girls first day at school went great!! I think i'll be the exact same when alex starts school. You seemed to have handled it great hun. BTW i am lovin your photos atm especially how you put the borders and the date on all of them. Great idea. Take care babe xx

Chloe said...

What a gorgeous rose!! I have a similar rose bush in our front garden - neglected and ignored, but still grows stunning flowers :-). How lucky we are!