Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Belated Easter!!!

Happy belated Easter everyone. I had all intentions of hopping on my blog yesterday but the day just got away between the girls (and chocolate of course). I hope the Easter Bunny visited you all, and I hope you had a weekend full of love and laughter.

Our Easter Sunday began with Emily racing into our bedroom exclaiming that the Easter Bunny had been. I told her to hop back to bed because it was still too early. But instead she toddled into Kayla's room and woke her up with the news that the Easter Bunny had in fact visited our house. This was followed by a little bit of giggling and a lot of "what did you get".

Kayla then taking charge of her overly excited younger sister announced that "we are not to start our Easter Egg hunt until Mummy and Daddy get up" (God bless her little heart). This gave us a few more minutes grace before the hunt for Easter Eggs around the house began.
I was so impressed with how Kayla looked after her little sister this year. The Easter Bunny had left lots of little solid eggs around the house in pairs. Whenever Kayla found a pair she kept one for herself and then helped Emily get the other one. Now I cannot be positive, but if it had been the other way around I am sure Emily would have kept both eggs for herself lol.

Here are a couple of photos of our little Easter treasures

After all this excitement we sat down for some yummy bacon and eggs before we headed down to the Lanyon Homestead for yet another Easter Egg hunt. This was the first time we had been there, and the girls loved it even though the hunt only lasted a few minutes.

So with even more chocolate to add to their supply we headed home and enjoyed a much more relaxed afternoon.

I also have some very exciting news to share. I recieved an email from Sherry Mendoza at Scrapbooking Memories asking me to do a product challenge for them. How cool is that. I have never done one before so I am thrilled to be asked!

Also (and I cannot believe I am actually saying this) I made the Top 15 for Kim Archer's @Home Support Team 2010 competition (check it out here). I could not believe it when I read the email. I almost fell off my chair I was that surprised. I am so thrilled to be included in this list of amazingly talented women and to have even made it this far. So this week I will be doing a few little projects supplied by Kim and the team (all of which I love) for the next step of the competition. Wish me luck!

So I think I am all up to date now on my news. No doubt I have forgotten something but there is always next time. I truly hoped you all had a beautiful Easter. Sending you all lots of chocolaty hugs.

4 comments :

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Cute Easter pics Renee! Congrats on the SBM product challenge. I got one from Sherry last week to do the recipe challenge :) Can't wait to see yours in the mag xx

Jenny said...

Aww so cute! Love the pics! :)

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great Easter, and very sweet of Kalya for helping out her little sister :)

Congrats on your scrapping news and wishing you lots of luck for the next stage of the @home comp!

Aga xx
PS. Thanks also for the recent congrats

Nikki xx said...

Congrats on your fabulous publication news..you know I think your work is spectacular.
Gorgeous pics of the girls, looks like you all had a wonderful day xxx