Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Something a bit different

Hello everyone out there in blogland:)

How have you all been? My blog has been a little bit neglected this past week, but I have been busy creating for my final month at Kaisercraft. Nothing much I can show you just yet though.

A follow up from my last post, the trampoline arrived safe and sound and it has been assembled. Unfortunately however it rained a lot of the weekend so all the girls could do was look at their trampoline through the windows...it was so sad looking at their little faces. I would have let them out to have a play on it when the rain had stopped, but they both still have a nasty cough from the cold they had the other week, so I thought it best if they avoided being damp. Yesterday was the first time they could really enjoy it....and they did!

We spent the weekend watching movies and staying warm. We made the mistake of venturing out to the shops just to get out of the house (and to stop the girls looking at their trampoline) This was a BIG mistake. Everyone else had the same idea and it took what seemed like hours (okay it was probably only 15 minutes) to get a car park.

After coming home and warming up again, I then decided I would tackle a new project. I had seen this class Draw me...please by Lorraine Vidler on the @Home site and knew that I just had to give it a go. Painting, drawing, stitching....who wouldn't want to give that a try. So with pencils, paint and thread ready, I set out on my self portrait adventure. I loved the whole process of this class, and it felt wonderful to step out of my comfort zone and learn something new. So for my end result:

What do you think? I need a bit more practice, but for my first attempt I am pretty happy with it. Kayla has already put in her request for one too. So you will probably see some more of these little creations soon:)

I hope you all have a fabulous week

5 comments :

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, that is different. I love it! Awesome for your first attempt too :) I love the look of your blog Renee, wish I could do clever things like that with mine!!!

Sheree said...

Renee I just saw this on the site and I love it! You've done such a fantastic job...love your necklace and the way you've used the text paper on the clothing...very clever!

We made the same mistake on the weekend heading to the shops in the wet weather...it was packed! LOL

Sheree xx

kathie said...

Brilliant painting! And on fabric too? Love that!

Thanks for the recent visit to my blog and your lovely comment :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow that's so cool! I might give this a go if I get time!!!

Christine said...

Renee this is amazing! It looks so much like you, gorgeous sweetie!