Thursday, November 15, 2012

Our Cubby Adventure - Part 1


Hello everyone!

Time for something a little different on my blog.
This year for Christmas we are buying the girls a cubby house. Yay!  Their own little space to treasure.

I thought I would share with you our little cubby adventure, so you can watch it all come together as well.
There is so much to do is so little time that I thought by blogging about it, maybe then it will keep me motivated to make things so it isn't all last minute.

So Part 1 of Our Cubby Adventure Starts Now!

The cubby hasn't arrived yet.  It will be here on the 4th December.  So until it arrives I have been thinking about the interior.

Yesterday I went to the second hand shops to see if I could track down a piece of furniture that I could convert into a kids kitchen (thanks to ideas I picked up on the internet). Google 'entertainment unit kids kitchen' and you will see loads of examples. 

The kitchens that you buy from the shops are far too small for our girls, and the one's that are their size are far too expensive. So we decided we would make our own.

I wasn't very hopeful, because last time I went to the second hand shops their prices were a little over the top.

Until I came upon this little treasure for a very cheap price. It was hidden under other items and I almost walked straight past it. It was perfect! It was made from solid wood, was high enough for the girls to play on and it didnt have the high back.  I didn't want one with the high back on it, because it would take up too much wall space and make the cubby look too small.
This is a rough guide of what I am hoping to do with it.
I can't wait to get started on it.


We have ordered some pretties for the cubby as well.
These are going to be from Nanna and Poppy for Christmas

Le Toy Van Honeybake Mixer

Le Toy Van Honeybake Toaster
And these are from Captain Curt, Aunty Cass, Ella and Hayley
Le Toy Van Chocolate Gateau
LE TOY VAN - HONEYBAKE - CHOCOLATE GATEAU CAKE
Le Toy Van 3 Tier Cake Stand
Le Toy Van Honeybake Cake Stand
and these
Le Toy Van Ice Lollies
LE TOY VAN HONEYBAKE ICE LOLLIES
We still need some fruits, vegies, bread etc. Plus all the necessities like pots and pans, utencils and a pretty older girls sized tea set.
All in good time.

I also bought some pretty pastel fabric from spotlight to co-ordinate all the interior furnishings like, table runner, coasters, placemats, cushions and anything else I can think of.  Grandma has kindly taken some of the fabric to make the curtains.
I will post a pic of the fabric another day.

So we have made a start.  I am a little excited about this project.  Okay I am very excited.  I am sure the girls will just love it when it all comes together on Christmas day.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments :